6 large eggs, preferably pasture raised or organic
1Tbs butter or coconut oil, enough to coat the pan
1/2 cup dark leafy greens; such as swiss chard, kale, spinach; finely chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color; green, red, yellow, orange)
1/4 tsp sea salt
fresh ground black pepper
• Preheat oven to 350 °
• Over medium-low heat, melt butter or coconut oil in an oven proof skillet; be sure to coat the sides of the pan, until pan is hot but not smoking
• Beat eggs well, adding salt and pepper and pour into hot pan
• Cook for a few minutes until bottom and sides are set
• Sprinkle with chopped greens and peppers
• Place pan in oven and cook for 7-10 minutes, until eggs are set
• Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and turn frittata out on cutting board
• Cut into wedges and serve
This frittata is versatile. Any vegetables, fresh or left over work well.
The frittata can be cooked entirely on the stove top until the eggs are set in the center.