Happy New Year! Thank you for visiting thrivenaturally.com, I am so thrilled to start 2016 with you.
Perhaps before or after the ball dropped you were feeling a bit of pressure to set an annual resolution. I had many clients reschedule their December appointments for after January 1st so they can “get back” to their health goals. What if this year, instead of setting a resolution, you take a no-excuses approach & actually create a plan to thrive all year long?
Did you know that only 8% of people stick to their New Year’s Resolutions
- Making a wish does not set you up for success
- A resolution like “I will lose weight,” doesn’t provide the tools you need to achieve your goal—it is really just 4 words unless you have a plan
- Fail to plan, plan to fail
And many times we frame our resolutions in the negative
- You want to LOSE weight or QUIT a habit
- We are bringing focus to something we dislike about ourselves
- The negative is not a good starting point for success
This year, let’s create a plan instead!
- Consider your resolution a beginning rather than a goal
- Reframe your resolution, ex. Instead of losing weight perhaps you are gaining health, energy & confidence
- Instead of being overwhelmed by starting a whole new exercise regime break it down into smaller steps with a defined timeline
- Assess what you are doing now & how you can improve, not necessarily change
- Keep it positive & bring joy to the process
I propose a 21-day challenge to inspire you to thrive in 2016
- Set a start date & use the calendar to record and assess
- Did you know that writing down your actions & intentions make them more likely to actually happen?
- 21 days is a proven amount of time to create new habits
- The more you can joyful integrate new healthy habits the more likely you are to keep them as part of your everyday life
LIKE Thrive Naturally on Facebook & comment to celebrate your accomplishments & inspire others to Thrive